Why am I so mean to me?
How to speak to yourself with kindness
What you say to yourself when something unexpected or unwanted happens, has a massive impact on your self-worth.
Does this sound familiar?
- Your inner voice is judgey, bullying, even cruel and uses words you would never say to another person.
- If something unexpected or unwanted happens, you assume it must be your fault.
- It's so hard to enjoy your people because you have a running commentary pointing out everything wrong with what you are doing or saying.
- You feel super awkward when anyone offers you a compliment (because if they only knew the truth).
- Bullying yourself is how you've got everything done for so long, that you're afraid you'll 'lose your edge' if you stop.