Episode 100: My dream come true – a decade long, wildly imperfect path to success
It’s the 100th episode of Courage + Spice (how did that happen?!) so I’m sharing my 10 year business journey with you all this week. It starts with a poem that I wrote one Sunday night with the Monday dreads and brings us to today with the fourth class of the Self-belief Coaching Academy opening for enrolment, and Self-Belief School about to run for the first time.
So what’s this episode really about?
- It all started with a poem. That was really a prayer. That came true three days later. And that wasn’t even the weirdest thing that happened.
- I explain how I felt leaving my corporate job and how my ambition for corporate stardom evaporated.
- My serendipitous catch-up with a complete stranger that led to my first coach training.
- How it felt when I first started coaching – those tingly feelings of being in flow and knowing I was on the right path.
- The unexpected magic: from elephants everywhere to bending spoons with Oprah’s life coach, to being told my future by a Shaman in Glastonbury.
- How I found the common theme of Self-Doubt that informs my coaching practice today.
- And I explain my three-step methodology: understanding your self-doubt, untangling from the stories, and becoming unfuckingstoppable.
Why you should listen
If you love a good origin story, buckle up folks because this one’s a goodun. It starts with a 17-year corporate career that I wanted to end (but had no idea how), the beginnings of sobriety and a blog that I loved, continues with the academic study on self-doubt and the beginnings of my coaching practice, then ends with what the Self-Belief School is today.
I’ve learned SO MUCH along the way and I think you will too. This episode is for all you self-employed folks, coaches (of course) and anyone about to take the leap into something new – I’m sending love and fortitude to you all.
Self-Doubt Cheat Sheet: https://selfbelief.school/cheatsheet/
Self-Belief School will run for the first time this Spring!
You can quote me on that…
“Everything you think is in your way, might not be.” – Sas Petherick
“Nothing’s gone wrong, you’re just being a human.” – Sas Petherick
Like what you hear?
Why not help me reach more ears (and give my self-belief a boost) with a 5-star rating?