Episode 107: The four times Self-doubt comes up for Coaches (and how to navigate them)
This week, I thought it would be super helpful for us, as practitioners, to talk through the evolution of our work: namely the 4 times self-doubt shows up for us and how we can navigate these experiences. What I’ve come to experience and I hope you have too, is that our work is never linear. This week’s episode explores my own coaching life and the experiences of the hundreds of coaches I have had the pleasure of working with over the last decade. Enjoy!
So what’s this episode really about?
There are 4 key evolutions in our work, with very loose boundaries between them all:
- Fresh out of Coach School: Unlearning and Experimenting – where we start to unlearn the idea that coaching is easy! We get to experience clients in all their glorious, messy, human-ness.
- Coaching Apprenticeship: how do I do this? – Your tools are now locked in and you start to become more present with your client.
- I share the three ‘flavours’ of coaching: be it a person, a problem or a Paradigm and how it will help to deepen your practice.
- Deepening into Practice: holding the contradictions – time to get back into learning and refreshing your skills. You could write a book, do an advanced degree, or switch up your business model.
- Mastery – The idea of reaching mastery might always feel a little edgy but there are reliable signs that you are at a different stage of your practice.
Why you should listen
In this episode, I not only share my practice journey, but I also offer simple solutions to every step of that journey. Just starting out? Thinking of re-branding? This is the episode for you, as I’ll share the simple steps you need to take to do this. Feel like you’re a seasoned pro at all this? I’ll share the reliable signs that suggest you are at that mastery stage in your practice and what you might do next. I am finding that as I dip into the edges of mastery what I really hunger for is expanding beyond the coaching world and seeing what piques my interest.
The ONLY chance to join SBCA is NOW! Advance your coaching practice and help your clients live their bravest lives – Join Self-Belief Coaching Academy
You can quote me on that…
“Advice doesn’t work. It creates defensiveness and ‘yes, but…’ as well as reinforcing shame.” – Sas Petherick
“Experiment wildly with your business.” – Sas Petherick
“I really do wish there was a coaching sorting hat that just says ‘you–coaching for business rebels, you–supporting mums to reclaim their identity. You–THERAPY.’” – Sas Petherick
Like what you hear?
Why not help me reach more ears (and give my self-belief a boost) with a 5-star rating?