Episode 89: Big Birthday Thoughts
It’s my 48th birthday week, and I thought I’d share five big birthday thoughts with you.
This episode is a bit sweary so one for your earphones if you have little ones around.
So what’s this episode really about?
- Life is RIDICULOUS – and we are constantly making everything up.
- We are in this super interesting time of trying to identify ourselves – all of us yelling at each other: THIS IS ME. THIS IS NOT ME.
- Each of us is a miracle – I take a deep dive into why this is, including the fact that the odds any of us exist at all is so infinitesimally small as to be miraculous.
- BECOMING looks different to all of us. And we can have many lives (for me this includes the life when I’m a mother of five living in Wales, a pagan lesbian living on a salmon farm in California, or a lonely violin playing heiress living in the Barbican!).
- Why I feel like we are living in the apocalypse. And all is well.
Why you should listen
It’s fun to step back and take an eagle-eyed view of life! This can also be super helpful for our self-doubt if it gets tangled up in the minutiae of daily life.
You can quote me on that…
“Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth.” – Alan Watts
“If you are resilient, let yourself fall apart. If you are controlling, practice surrender. If you are a perfectionist, be as imperfect as you can. If you are a dreamy unfinished-get something done. If you are locked in regret, forgive yourself. If you feel like you are constantly seeking the answer, practice tuning into your own intuitive responses. If you are super attached to your identities, play with alternative fantasy realities.” – Sas Petherick
Like what you hear?
Why not help me reach more ears (and give my self-belief a boost) with a 5-star rating?