It was love at first sight with this weeks guest, the glorious Pippa Parfait. We met dozens of moons ago at a dinner in London and now she can’t get rid of me.
Pippa had decades of experience leading big teams and sorting out company systems and processes, before retraining as a coach. This super resourceful womxn now runs Disobedient Business, is a strategy whiz who totally gets all the business ‘back-end’ and tech but is also a coach with a massive heart, who coaches folks to run things their way. This episode is pretty much like our co-working chats!
So what’s this episode really about?
- How easy it is as business owners, to get comfortable with chaos and why we keep things in our own head.
- At what point in your business cycle you know that you are ready for help. (clue: it usually starts with a tech problem)
- How self-doubt comes up when there is too much complexity, when it feels too hard.
- How do I hire someone when I need to get over my perfectionism?
- How we find safety in over functioning – we both have bouts of toxic productivity and we talk about leaning into looking after ourselves more, making time for rest and also being playful with our businesses.
Why you should listen
If it feels crunchy to imagine sorting out your systems, processes and tech – or just making things easier for yourself, listen in.
If you feel like there will never be a good time to delegate aspects of your operations (and to let people get on with it, without micro-managing), this is the episode for you!
Also – we both find safety in over-functioning and have bouts of what the kids call ‘toxic productivity’. We talk about leaning into looking after ourselves more, making time for rest and also being playful with our businesses.
Because you can have all your ducks in a row and things still don’t go to plan, and you will be ok.
You can quote me on that…
“When we get really simple and clear about how we work with people, it becomes magnetising.” – Sas Petherick
“If we put all our ducks in a row, what happens then, how do we surrender to that?” – Pippa Parfait
Like what you hear?
Why not help me reach more ears (and give my self-belief a boost) with a 5-star rating?