Episode 98: Making a Happy Marriage with Maggie Reyes
Maggie Reyes is a marriage coach who specialises in helping Type A women have better marriages – without waiting for their partners to do something. I’ve known Maggie for years and years and I just know you are going to love this episode as it’s packed with goodness.
So what’s this episode really about?
- Maggie talks about what really goes on in her coaching practice and how different she is from what you believe a marriage coach to be.
- How feminism provides a foundation of equality, shared values and respect for any relationship.
- Maggie goes deep into the whole idea of systems theory and how she uses this with her clients.
- We also talk about how self-doubt shows up in our primary relationships and the key psychological risks that come up with this.
- We explain rejection sensitivity, how you can have this and how this can show up for you and your partner.
- We take a deep dive into boundaries, getting needs met and what it means to take responsibility for yourself in a partnership.
- Also: marriage that learns, grows and develops and how we live with someone for the long haul.
Why you should listen
Maggie explains how powerful it is to coach with one person in the relationship. Maybe you don’t need couples counselling – maybe you need a marriage coach! We talk about taking emotional leadership in your relationship – don’t wait for your partner to do the things you want, YOU do the things you want.
You can quote me on that…
“A loved heart does not go to war with itself or with others.” Maggie Reyes
“As soon as you take full responsibility for your own experience, everything shifts.” – Sas Petherick
“From now on, I disappoint myself last” – Sarah Wiles
Like what you hear?
Why not help me reach more ears (and give my self-belief a boost) with a 5-star rating?